Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Grandmother Born in Berlin, Germany ?

A BERLIN BRICKWALL

My maternal grandmother, Anna Marie Binder, was my brick wall from the beginning of my genealogical research. Document after document  that I had in my possession stated country of origin Germany or Berlin.

Church document in San Diego. Information provided by Anna.

Year, YEARS of research in Berlin archives and locations referred to by Berlin Archives involved postal mail, postage, international postal certificates, weeks of waitiing for replies and then further translations.

Below are addresses in Berlin or German Genealogical archives between the years 1997 and 2004.

Staasbibbliothek Zu Berlin
D-10102 Berlin
Unter Den Linden 8
D 10117

Standesamt 1 in Berlin

Senatsverwaltung fur Innes
Fehrbelliner Platz 1
10702 Berlin

Evangelisches Zentralarchiv in Berlin
Jebebasstrasse 3 106 Berlin

Sachsisches Staatsaarchiv Leipsig
Deutche Zentr4alstelle fur Genealogie
Schonnenstrasse
04329 Leipsig

Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart
Konrad Adenauer Str. 4
70173 Stuttgart

Thuringisches Hauptstaatsarchiv Weimar
D 99423 Weimar
Marstallstrasse 2


I provide these address here for anyone who may need to research Berlin, Germany.

In another post you will read how I determined that Berlin was not the location of my grandmother's birth.




No comments:

Post a Comment